Learn How To Wear The Navy Style with styling experts. This is a trend that never goes out of style and every year returns with new options for men. It is very fresh, which makes it ideal for summer.
What is the navy style?
To make a clear definition of what this style is it is necessary to go to history. Its origins date back to the mid-19th century, with the coronation of Queen Victoria of England. Thus beginning the Victorian era.
Many experts say that during the Victorian era the British Navy was founded. The uniforms that distinguished sailors, with some variants of course, is what we know today as navy style. So we can say that this shipping look, used by many people, has many years in society.
While this trend became popular between 1930 and 1950 , it was not until the 1970s when most people, including couture designers, were encouraged to create pieces inspired by this style.
Currently, most fashion houses consider this type of dress a classic style. And that is why year after year they create collections inspired by this trend.
Being a very simple and fresh style lends itself to many different types of clothing. It is necessary to note that there is a very thin line between the classic and the modern. And it is necessary to know what parts correspond to each current and its uses.
Taking into account all these data, we can define the navy style as a trend that dates back to the mid-nineteenth century. In which colors and the way of wearing nautical clothing stand out. Always inspired by the Royal Navy.
How to wear the navy style
The sailor look is easy to assemble, with some basics you can get the style indicated for you. Next, we show you how you can combine the different garments to achieve a navy outfit. Continue reading and learn more about this trend.
Basic navy style
There are some basic garments that are characteristic of the navy look. In general, clothes of this style are comfortable and light. However, pieces have been adapted to accompany people during the colder months.
- Jersey and striped shirt.
- T-shirt with a baker’s neck.
- Linen pants.
- Bermuda shorts and white shorts.
- Navy cardigan.
- Sailor Blazer
- Denim espadrilles.
- Sailor’s Beret
As for the most popular colors in this type of styles, we can highlight the use of red, navy or white as the main shades.
There are different ways to combine. From the simplest as shorts and t-shirt to linen pants with a sweater.
Navy style for men
To combine the navy style in men, not much imagination or creativity is necessary. The simplicity of this style speaks for itself. You just have to take into account the colors to use and how to make a contrast between the garments. Both the striking and the most neutral.
If you want to feel comfortable and be fresh all day you can wear white shorts. Taking into account that the cut of this type of garments should be above the knee.
For the top, a striped shirt will make you look good and always in keeping with the style. Accessories or complements must be of the same class. A good hat , espadrilles or sneakers will complete the outfit.
However, if you want to look a little more serious or dress for special occasions but keeping the freshness of this style, you must take into account certain details. The place or time of the departure or event you will attend, for example. For the night, in places where the dress code is demanding you can wear light colored pants.
On the top, a men’s T-shirt with a baker’s collar will give you that subtlety while maintaining simplicity. Although in many cases it can be accompanied with another garment such as a sweater. T-shirts will always be the best option for this look.
To complement this style, sneakers are the best option. They provide the necessary comfort while making you look good. They are a very important element of the navy style and you should consider it.
Benefits of using navy style
Using the navy style has many advantages from different points of view. In which we can highlight the economic part or the comfort that this outfit offers. It is not necessary to do a very extensive investigation to know the benefits. Here we will name a few so you can have a clearer notion:
- It provides comfort . The navy style is characterized by being simple and light. That is why the comfort of the garments of this outfit is one of its main advantages. No matter what occasion you use it for, this look is always identified with the basic garments and colors.
- Save money . When buying a navy style garment you will be saving money. This if you compare it with other more complex type of clothing such as casual dresses or elegant clothes. Although fashion houses always seek to give the touch of glamor to this type of clothing, its simplicity does not allow many modifications. This is summarized in low manufacturing costs and therefore low prices on garments in the market.
- It looks good . The navy style can be adapted to anyone regardless of age or sex. This is a point in favor with respect to other more contemporary styles. Although there are many variants on the market, all garments can be worn by most people.
- It doesn’t go out of style . As we said, this style dates back to the 19th century and is still popular today. This means that even if the years pass, the fashion trend will continue and the clothes will not go out of style. This is easy to verify, it is only a matter of comparing a nautical t-shirt from the 60s and a current one. As much as you try to find significant differences, there are few that you will find.
Colors and stripes are the characteristic elements of this style. You should avoid using strong or striking tones that do not go with the trend. It is important to note that footwear should not be the most prominent part of the outfit. On the contrary, the simpler the better. So it will go unnoticed letting the eyes focus on the top.
There are many variants for men You just have to pay attention to the clothes that highlight your figure or that look good on your body. It is vital that this type of style is not improvised.