A good watch can turn a classic outfit into one full of style and sophistication. Keys to choose the best option. Brands, models and much more.
The watch is a symbol of undisputed elegance: it projects the character and style of a man, as well as being an excellent complement to the costumes. When choosing, it is essential to consider the personality of who will use it, in addition to their habits. I went through some good options and models of the best watch brands .
As never before, a good watch has become fundamental in the masculine look, and has become an accessory that men change according to the occasion, adapting the style to each outfit and time of day.
Men’s watches are large and resistant and there are many different options: from sports models with seconds and stopwatch and the new smartwatch to executive models, more sober and elegant, there is much to go.
Watch brands for men
One of the first issues that we must address when buying a watch is the brand. There are some firms that alone send sophistication and guarantee a few years of duration. We tell you what are the best brands of men’s watches.
Without a doubt, Rolex is the first on this list. While it is a classic, it is still an excellent choice for those who want an imposing watch. The key to the success of this brand is that it works as a status symbol and is of very high quality. For example, all its models are resistant to dust, water, are made of stainless steel and make the date change automatically.
However, they are very expensive pieces and it is not easy to access them. The counterpart of quality and efficiency is a very high price. Therefore, although it is the best brand in the world, most people prefer to opt for other more accessible brands. You can see Rolex options in Mercado Libre .
This is the house that invented the wristwatch, so it is impossible not to mention it. While it may sound feminine, this watch brand has beautiful models for men, which stand out primarily for their design quality. A Cartier watch represents luxury, elegance and fine engineering.
They have some super innovative models and play a lot with unconventional forms. As in the case of Rolex, it is an expensive option, but it makes sightings of watch fans worldwide.
In a medium price range, we can find Tag Heuer. They cost less than the previous ones but we keep talking about the best watches in the world . This company is Swiss and, true to its fame, manufactures high quality models, with unmatched precision.
Although they are still a luxury piece, the firm’s models are sporty and have very accurate timers. They are very resistant and that is why they are chosen by urban, modern and original men.
Hublot manufactures one of the best watches for men and is considered one of the leading companies in the field. Like Tag, it falls into the category of high-quality Swiss watch brands .
It is a relatively new house, but its pieces have a great manufacturing. Aesthetics are thought to detail and are intended to impose a style.
Tissot was born as an innovative brand and, little by little, gained ground in the market thanks to its price-quality ratio. Most of its models are manufactured with first-line materials, such as stainless steel, titanium, gold and even PDV coating, something very new in the field.
In addition to the originality in the design, this brand is a guarantee of accuracy and, therefore, is responsible for timing the NBA, the Tour de France, the World Superbike Championship, the European Rugby Champions Cup and the Challenge Hockey Cup on Ice, among other internationally renowned competitions.
If what we want is an excellent alternative for a reasonable price, Casio is our savior. They may not have a fascinating design, but they are high quality products. In addition, his classic model today is a retro hit, which all influencers boast of having.
The Japanese brand stands out because its pieces are extremely resistant: the battery lasts for months and, in its digital clocks, you can see the time under the sun perfectly.
The Japanese company Seiko is characterized by offering completely authentic oriental manufacturing parts. The good thing about this brand is that it offers models in all price ranges, so we can find very exclusive and more accessible options, with the same engineering quality.
Seiko is very popular and this is because no one doubts the resistance to shock and water that these watches have. In addition, these are automatic models with date.
Things do not have to be expensive to be good and Swatch is the perfect example of this premise. Originally, these watches were made of plastic, with fun designs, but then the brand expanded its offer and today has very nice digital, automatic and metal models. They are cheaper to produce by their automatic assembly process and, therefore, are sold at a very reasonable price.
Fossil is an American watch and lifestyle company, creative and aimed at classic and vintage design. It offers high quality watches at a good price. Their designs are innovative and it is a brand that is also strong among smart watches.
Types of men’s watches
In addition to the brand, we have to consider what style of watch is aligned with the person who will use it. In general, wristwatches are divided into:
- Classic watches: traditional watches are the most elegant and are perfect to combine with fine clothes. Most are analog with quadrants in neutral colors and metal box. It is usual for them to have a metal bracelet or leather strap. Some models include sophisticated or novel details such as double dial, calendar, among others.
- Sports watches : men die from this type of watches, because they are comfortable and very cool. They are usually made of ultra rigid crystals, can be submerged and withstand great pressure and shock thanks to their robust boxes. The straps can be rubber to tolerate the effects of water, but there are also metal models. Many of them have rotating frame and stopwatches, since they were originally intended as an instrument panel for athletes.
- Military watches: they look sporty but have a very defined aesthetic. These are models initially designed for military use, so they have a box and a very resistant glass, which shows the information in a clear and unmistakable way.
- Space clocks: as the name implies, they are clocks that were intended for astronauts and were all the rage between the sixties and eighties. These clocks incorporated the way to visualize the time in 24-hour intervals instead of 12. In addition, they work without problem in zero gravity, a quality that we will never need while we have our feet on the ground.
- Technological clocks: we did not want to leave out this new status symbol. They are the watches that have altimeter, barometer and compass. They provide data with precision and are very impressive.
- Skeleton watches: they are nothing more than analog clocks with the “skeleton” outside. That means they show their operating mechanism. They are very attractive and in general they are expensive models, so they are a status symbol.
- Trendy watches: these types of watches are not for life but they try to take advantage of a trend. They are very common in haute couture houses that do not specialize in watches.
- Smartwatch : a smartwatch is a smart watch that performs much broader functions than telling time. Run applications, monitor our health, about notifications of the most diverse, send emails and WhatsApp messages, search for information on the Internet, work as a GPS, allow us to connect to social networks and, with the most modern, you can even pay on the supermarket without taking out the wallet. Find out which is the best smartwatch in the market.